Plan and Learn
Time to plan for a temporary or
long-term ability change is many times a luxury. However, a bit of
pre-planning can go a long way
toward making wise choices that
affect your independence and safety
or the safety and independence of
a loved one.
We will take the time to assess
individual patient needs, fit the
right equipment to your situation,
offer training, education and
maintenance, and help you access other helpful resources. Whether you are considering home modifications
or the purchase or rental of home medical equipment, some advance planning will help ensure a tailored
fit for your unique needs and desires.
Before You Shop...
- Determine the want or need.
- Is it immediate, or is there time to assess?
- Is a prescription needed?
- Perform a “quality of life” assessment.
- Know your insurance coverage.
- Complete a financial assessment.
- Talk to your health care provider.
- Contact us, your HME provider; find out how we can help and what equipment and services we provide.
- Discuss features and options available.
- Speak with your health insurance agent.
- What does your insurance plan and budget allow?
- Review your purchase or rental options.
- Discuss with us your equipment options in terms of need and coverage.
- Know what you are getting for your money, i.e., extended service, delivery, warranties.
- Will the equipment function well in your home environment, i.e., size, navigation?
- Do you need accessories, and if so, which accessories are necessary? Which are optional?
- Make a product selection.
- Get necessary approvals and documentation from insurance.
- Finalize payment arrangements/billing the primary and/or secondary insurer.
- Finalize any customization, fitting, seating, etc.
- Schedule delivery and setup.
- Finalize home modifications if necessary.
- Inspect item upon delivery.
- Final setup and training.
- Try the equipment with another person present.
- Make a list of questions for the provider.
- Know who to call if there is a question about how to operate the equipment, or whether it is operating properly.
- Keep all contact information organized and at your fingertips .
- Please call us if you have any questions or concerns.